Orange County Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Pedestrians are the most vulnerable group of people on the streets of Orange County. With no physical protection while crossing the streets, any misstep on the part of motor vehicle drivers could lead to pedestrian fatalities. This explains why each year, California witnesses some of the most serious pedestrian accidents in the country. The injuries from such accidents can also require expensive treatments. If you are the victim of a pedestrian accident in Orange County, contact Timothy J. Ryan & Associates to recover compensation for your medical care and other medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and other losses you suffered in the accident.
We provide injured pedestrians with solid legal representation in Orange County and stand by them from start to finish. Schedule a free consultation with our personal injury attorney today to get started. We take care of victims when pedestrian accidents occur.
How To Recover Damages After An Orange County Pedestrian Accident
Suppose you’ve been in a pedestrian accident in Orange County. In that case, you can recover fair compensation for the suffered injuries, medical treatment, other medical expenses, and lost wages from the at-fault driver’s insurance company by proving negligence. But first, you’d have to establish legal liability by establishing fault. For this, you’d need to gather evidence such as police reports, your medical report, and proof of your serious injuries such as broken bones. You also need to prove that the careless driver failed to show you the proper duty of care.
To establish liability and obtain compensation, you need the assistance of an experienced Orange County pedestrian accident lawyer. A pedestrian accident lawyer knows the California law of personal injury inside-out. The process of filing a pedestrian accident claim or a pedestrian accident lawsuit can come with a lot of paperwork. Moreover, collecting evidence is a complex, time-consuming process as well. If you suffer physical injuries, you might need time to go through physical and emotional recovery, but an Orange County pedestrian accident lawyer can help make things easier and stress-free. Here is how an experienced pedestrian accident attorney can help you recover damages after an Orange Country pedestrian accident.
- They can help you file the paperwork for your personal injury claim and inform your insurance company of the traffic accident.
- They can write a demand letter to the insurance carrier of the at-fault driver. The letter would outline the key points of settlement negotiations. From there on, the negotiations with the insurance company would commence.
- Your pedestrian accident attorney engages in negotiations with the liable party’s company to persuade them to get the compensation you deserve. The negotiation can be lengthy and challenging. Only a skilled negotiator with years of experience could convince the insurer of the settlement terms.
- They would also gather evidence of your severe injuries. For instance, if you suffered from a traumatic brain injury as a result of the accident, you’d have to prove it by providing the company with your medical records, statements from doctors or medical experts, and medical invoices for any treatment you’ve received.
To gather the evidence, prove negligence, and persuade the driver’s insurance company to give you the compensation you deserve, you need to hire Timothy J. Ryan & Associates. We are an Orange County pedestrian accident law firm that can provide you with exceptional legal services.
Our legal team will take care of everything related to your personal injury claim. We help pedestrian accident victims, injury victims, victims of medical malpractice, slip and falls, and dog bites. We charge on a contingency fee basis, so you won’t have to worry about payment unless we win your pedestrian accident case.
Common Injuries Suffered In Pedestrian Accidents By Motor Vehicles
Pedestrian accident victims can suffer severe injuries that can cause high medical bills. Here are some of the most common injuries that victims of fatal pedestrian accidents can suffer:
- Neck and head injury
- Brain injury
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Emotional trauma
- Wrongful death
Such injuries can happen as a result of three common kinds of pedestrian accidents:
- Crosswalk accidents: These occur when a pedestrian is using the crosswalk legally, but the motor vehicle driver fails to stop and strikes them.
- Parking lot accidents: These accidents occur when a car pulls out of a parking space and hits a pedestrian. They usually take place when the driver is not paying attention or doesn’t make sure that the coast is clear while backing up.
- Loss of control: As the name suggests, they happen when the driver of a motor vehicle loses control over their vehicle, either because of speeding, reckless driving, or distracted driving.
If you’ve suffered any injuries because of the negligence of another, schedule a free consultation with Timothy J. Ryan & Associates.
Why Choose Pedestrian Accident Attorneys At Timothy J. Ryan & Associates
Timothy J. Ryan & Associates is a personal injury law firm that has been helping injury victims for over four decades. During our years of practice, we have recovered more than $1 billion for our clients. Once you hire us, we will leave no stone unturned to get you the compensation you deserve. From meeting all the deadlines to negotiating with the insurance company to representing you in court, we will take care of it all.
If you’re a pedestrian accident victim, we can help you with all the formalities of personal injury lawsuits or claims while you take time to recover from your pedestrian accident injuries. Schedule a free consultation with us to get started on your case. You can also contact our Orange County pedestrian accident attorney for other kinds of personal injury cases in Southern California.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the statute of limitations for pedestrian accidents in Orange County?
The statute of limitations for pedestrian accidents in Orange Country is two years from the date of the accident. You can file a claim or a personal injury lawsuit within this period. However, there are some exceptions to this rule. For instance, you can file two years from the discovery of the injury rather than when the injury occurred. Contact an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer in Orange County to learn if any exceptions apply to your case.
Should I go to a doctor after a pedestrian accident even if I don’t feel any pain?
If you don’t feel any pain, you should still go to a doctor. Delayed pain after certain physical injuries is quite common. It’s likely that your body has still not processed the trauma or injury that it has suffered. To avoid the risk of serious injury, get medical attention regardless of whether you feel pain or not.
Do I still have a pedestrian accident case if I was not walking on the crosswalk while crossing the road?
If you fail to follow some road rules, your case might be affected, but you could still recover compensation. While your compensation amount may get reduced based on your percentage of fault, you would still have a case because California follows the rules of pure comparative negligence. To know how much you can recover from the case, given your share of fault in the accident, you need to consult an Orange County pedestrian accident attorney.
To get the compensation you deserve for your medical bills and other damages, schedule a free consultation with us to get started on your traffic accident case.