There are numerous reasons why injury victims may seek a car accident lawyer to represent them. A victim might be undergoing medical treatment after being seriously injured, which impairs their ability to represent themselves. Most victims don't have enough time for researching the law and completing all of the necessary steps for bringing a car accident claim.
Someone who is the victim of a collision might realize that their chances of bringing their claim successfully require an experienced and knowledgeable lawyer. Most car accident victims are not sure of the right way to negotiate and deal with insurance companies. Victims yearn for the much-needed peace of mind that comes with having an experienced lawyer working on their behalf.
Whenever somebody dies in a car crash, the surviving family members of the victim are entitled to file a wrongful death claim and seek compensation. In the state of California, eligible family members may make a claim for whatever income they would have gotten from the deceased person, for loss of companionship and love the victim would have given them, and for the lost value for any services that the individual would have rendered.
When an individual is injured, the victim might be entitled to seek car accident compensation for the following:
- Lost earnings
- Loss of earning capacity for the future
- Medical expenses that have already been incurred
- Likely future medical expenses
- Surgical expenses for correcting disfigurement and scarring
- Physical therapy as well as other types of rehabilitative expenses
- Vocational rehabilitation (if the individual's injury prevents them from being able to return to their former employment)
- Vehicles for accommodating the victim's disability
- Wheelchairs and other types of appliances needed for coping with a disability
- Nursing care and assisted living expenses
- Remodeling expenses for making a house accessible for disabled victims
- Loss of enjoying life, mental anguish, emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- The spouse of the injury victim might be entitled to receive compensation for loss of sexual relations with their spouse who is an injury victim
Disabling and severe injuries usually merit the biggest compensation awards, however any injury that results in loss of income, produces lasting pain or leads to hospitalization may entitle an injury victim to receive a substantial car accident settlement. Some of the more serious injuries that can result from a crash include the following:
- Facial disfigurement
- Burn injuries
- Eye injuries
- Nerve damage
- Organ damage
- Joint injuries
- Neck and spine injuries
- Brain and head injuries
Even soft tissue injuries, which include torn or stretched ligaments, tendons and muscle, may result in a crash victim having to endure pain for years. Some of these injuries never heal, which forces the victim to adopt pain management strategies for the rest of their lives.
Quite often victims are seriously injured. They might need to have medical treatment on an ongoing basis for painful injuries that might impair their ability to complete their daily tasks. Frequently, they must take strong medications for their injuries which can leave the victim tired and affect their decision-making abilities, memory and other types of cognitive processes.
You can ask a lawyer free without obligation at freelawstuff.com, a site that claims it will connect attorneys to victims for free, forever.
Whenever the victim of a car accident is seriously injured, the injuries they have sustained along with the resulting medications and treatment will prevent them from being able to manage their own legal claims. When a car accident lawyer is hired, the victim can be sure that all of their interests will be competently represented, which will allow them to focus on healing and recovering.